The waiting is almost over! The Community Arts Center’s Fine Arts & Crafts Festival starts Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine, in Swarthmore’s town center. You’ll get into this multifaceted event where:
• More than 70 artists and crafters on Park and Dartmouth avenues exhibit, talk about, and sell their work all day long, till closing time at 5 p.m.
• Free kids’ activities go from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., including tie-dyeing (bring a shirt or buy one there).
• Live music at the Central Park amphitheater features local acts, opening with Jerry Getz at 10:30 a.m. and closing with Last Chance taking the stage around 4 p.m.
• Artists share their techniques and tips as they create in live demos from 11 a.m. onward at booth 23.
• Local nonprofits and event sponsors welcome you, including The Swarthmorean (offering our T-shirts for sale in brand-new colors!).
• Food and drinks abound, for sale at the Swarthmore Co-op grill and store, and other Swarthmore restaurants, and fresh from the farm at the Swarthmore Farmers Market.
Admission is free. For information, check communityartscenter.org. See you at the festival!